Napoleon Hill’s classic book, Think And Grow Rich, will be the topic of the next few episodes. The book is now in the public domain, so there are a number of places online you can get it for free, including at FreePDFs.org. So grab a copy and read the chapters with us as we discuss the book’s highlights over the next few weeks.
Read Chapter 1 on your own, entitled “Introduction” and subtitled, “The man who ‘thought’ his way into partnership with Thomas Edison”
Then join us this week as we pick up the book starting with Chapter 2, “Desire”, subtitled, “The starting point of all achievement.”
We spend a considerable amount of time on this chapter, reciting first the story of Edwin C. Barnes followed by an examination of the six steps for creating and developing your own burning desire.
Why? Because it turns out that generating a burning desire is an absolute necessity for acquiring great wealth or indeed anything else you want to acquire in life.
For those who don’t have a copy of the book (and are too lazy to download the free pdf file of it that I linked to above), here are the six steps for building your own burning desire.
- Fix in your mind the exact amount of money you desire.
- Determine exactly what you intend to give in return for the money you desire.
- Establish a definite date when you intend to possess the money you desire.
- Create a definite plan for carrying out your desire, and begin at once, whether you are ready or not.
- Write out a clear, concise statement of the amount of money you intend to acquire, name the time limit for its acquisition, state what you intend to give in return for it, and describe clearly the plan through which you intend to accumulate it.
- Read your written statement aloud twice daily, once first thing in the morning, and once again before going to bed.
We can definitely say that the last step is the most important, although it is essential to go through the first five steps in order to even be able to complete the sixth step.
We also go into detail about how to build that burning desire using these steps and why it’s so important to do so.
We ran out of time this week before we could complete Chapter 2, so we will complete it next week and then plow on ahead into Chapter 3. So do you reading this week and be ready!